Monday, June 15, 2009

What a week!!!

Saturday Seth and I finally took our 1 year anniversary dinner at Chocksett for our 2 year anniversary. It was nice to get out to dinner by ourselves as well. Plus I am not going to turn down a free dinner. And of course we had to punish ourselves and take a wal over to the garden that was supposed to be our ceremony sight on the beutiful evening that it was. Yup, 104 Saturdays ago we were getting married inside because it was raining out.


That night Aiden woke up with a really high temperature, 102.5. I wanted to take him down to the hospital because with the way he was screaming I just knew that something was wrong with him. He Eventually calmed down and drinfted off to sleep and Seth thought that he was just tired and worked up. He said that if Aiden woke up again sceaming like that then we would take him down. He never did and so we never went to the doctor. Monday and Tues he had a fever off and on, but he wasn't too bad.However Tues night we got him home and he started to have a coughing fit. So much that he threw up the half of bottle that he drank. I called the doctor and they gave me the number for the pediatrician that was on call. Seth thought that Aiden was doing better and didn't need to go so I didn't call, but then Aiden threw up again from coughing and Seth got mad at me for not calling the doctor. I called got an appt and then Seth got mad at me because we were going to the doctor. It was just all a mess. We both get really stressed out when Aiden is not feelig well and we just lash out at each other because I ended up screaming at Seth in the car telling him to "get the fuck out of my car." Which I hate doing that in front of Aiden. I don't want to argue in front of him and I know that that is not who we are.

We get to the doctors and we find out that Aiden ahs a double ear infection- reason for Saturday night episode- and his bronchitis has returned as well. His blood oxygen was down to 91% and he was having chest depressions from having trouble breathing. I felt so bad because I did notice the faster breathing and I didn't do anything when I thougth I should. I was doing breathing treatments for him twice a day because he had been wheezing so that probably helped him out a little bit. The doctor then told us that he was admitting him into the hospital to having his breathing monitored. That is when I felt like a horrible mother that I didn't do enough to prevent this from happening. I knew that being admitted was the best thing for him, but it was still hard to hear. He ended up staying for 2 days and had to have breathing treatments every 4 hrs, antibiotics for his ears and he needed steriods for his lungs. Plus they had to do a throat culture for flu testing and draw blood. I felt so bad for him. And I think one of the worst parts for him was being cooped up in a hosptial room for so long. Seth and I did lay a blanket on the floor to let him crawl around a bit, but it was hard and most of the time he was just in his bed. It was soo nice to finally come home on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment