Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My first 5K.

Yesterday I signed  up for my first 5K. Seth and I ad talked about potentially doing this and when you talk about it its just talk, but then once you fill out the form and actually hit submit that is when it all becomes real. That is when I got all nervous that I wasn't going to be able to run the full race. I've never been able to run a mile. Chase me with a knife and I'd be dead in about 5 minutes. So doing this and being able to complete the race is going to be huge for me. I'm lucky that I have a great support system though. Seth is training with me. I've started a training program on my iphone call "couch to 5K"According to the app after 9 weeks you shoul dbe able to run a 5K. I am already on week 2 and I have 7 weeks left to go which is right about when the 5K is so it should all fall into place. We will be in Michigan to run the race and it will be on Thanksgiving. Its called the Turkey Trot. My grandfather and 2 of my aunts are also running in the race and potentially my uncle, all of them are runners so they have been motivating me as well. My real goal is to be able to do a 10-11min mile so that would give me a completion time of about 35-40minutes. I'll update periodically about how my training is going and hopefully I don't have anymore freak outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment