Friday, April 13, 2012

Toddlerhood.

I'm not sure if I am ready for this.

I love that Rebecca is growing and getting bigger, but...she is still my baby and I guess I am having a bit of a hard accepting that she is not going to stay this squishy, cuddly little girl forever. In three weeks she moves over to the toddler room at daycare. While its great because she is walking, getting into everything and is starting to be comfortable interacting with new people. Plus, her rate goes down $30 a week so that's a savings of $120 a month for us. But.....I worry about how she will do because she is small. She doesn't say many words and she also is not using her utensils much. I know that they will work with her and Seth & I can work more with her at home to master this better. I do like that her daily routine will be more structured i.e. snack times, lunch time, naps at the same time everyday, etc. Maybe she needs to be in a room where the kids are older so she can "catch up" so to speak. I know with Aiden I was excited for him to move over to the toddler room, but I also feel that he was doing more then she is currently. He was also about 7lbs heavier as well. And that does make a difference.

I know in my mind that she will be fine and she will adjust well. She will get used to her new teachers and she will make a few new friends. One of the boys in her room will be moving over a week after she moves over so hopefully they will be together. That will be a comfort for both of them in the transition. I just need to take a step back and breathe. I don't want to be one of those helicopter moms that I can't stand. I want my kids to grow and learn and explorer for themselves. I want to be there to help them when they need me and offer support. I want them to trust me and I in return. It will all work out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment