Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The joys of daycare.

With the kids in daycare I knew that there were going to be certain things that we would encounter that would be par for the course. Some of those things would extra germs which equals colds, dirtied clothing and even some ruined clothing from art projects, and I expected extra bruises & bumps. I guess I even expected to occasionally receive the incident report of something happening to Aiden from another child. That being said we have now received our second incident report of another child biting Aiden in the past 3 weeks. The first time I noticed it in the bath tub he had a bite mark on his shoulder blade. When I asked him about it he told me who bit him. I did bring it up to the teacher the next day and she did concur that there was a tussle between the two of them but she didn't think the other child bit Aiden. Or rather she thought she broke it up before the other child could bite Aiden since this other child is known to bite. Today Seth picks up the kids from daycare and there was an incident report that he was bitten by another child. I immediately ask him what time was the report because this biter was in the room when I dropped of Aiden. Seth asks him who bit him today and he immediately tells Seth that said biter was the one that did it. Now I am kind of torn as to do I say anything to the director about it. The teacher does know that the child is a biter, but I'd kind of like to know what is being done and I wish I knew what the child's parents are doing to teach their child that it is not okay to bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment