Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Makes your heart melt.

Its Tuesday. I get up. I get ready for work. I start finishing up with the bags for daycare. I get Aiden up at 6:15. A lot earlier then I'd like to, but he needs to have a Mickey fix in the morning to be a functioning little boy. I start cooking his toaster strudel before I go up to get him. We do our usual routine. Go potty and then downstairs to the couch. As he is eating is breakfast Aiden asks

"We see Gamma and Papa today?"
"No sweetie. You'll see them on Friday."
"Oh... I stay home with you today?"
**cue the melting heart**
"I'm sorry...Mommy has to go to work today."

See before I went back to work Aiden went to daycare Monday-Wednesday. Thursday he saw Gamma & Papa and Friday he was home with me and Rebecca. Now that I work 5 days a week we don't have that time anymore his comment really hit home with me that I miss our Fridays. In an ideal world I woudl be able to work 4 days a week, get benefits and have Fridays as Mommy day. One can only wish and until that day happens then I am going to have to make the most of our evenings and weekends together.

1 comment:

  1. Oh hun, I feel the same way especially the days when work is slow. I just wish I could be with them. I love my job though but it still hurts.

    ReplyDelete